Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2010 Pearland Football State Champs

On Saturday, Dec 18 Granny stayed with the girls while William and I went to the 5A State Championship game at the Dallas Cowboy Stadium. The Pearland Oilers were making their very first state appearance vs the Trinity Trojans who were ranked #1 in the nation! It was a late game, but were very excited to cheer them on. William gradutated from Pearland and I taught 1st grade there for 2 1/2 years. I took a look at the roster before the game and found that 2 of my former students were playing on the team! The game was EXTREMELY exciting and one of the best football games I had ever watched. Right up there with the UT win at the Rose Bowl a few years ago. Way to go Pearland on your first Championship!! My two former students were #44 and #48. Both saw playing time and had some good plays!

No comments: